The Covid-19 Pandemic has wreaked havoc on Vietnam and other Southeast Asian nations over the last two years. The tourism industry, in addition to fields like economics and politics, is severely impacted and has endured a number of setbacks. Despite these challenges, Vietnam’s tourism industry was recognized to earn 20 prizes at the ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) in 2022.
The ASEAN ATF Forum was held in Cambodia from January 16 to 22, 2022, with the theme “ASEAN – A Community of Peace and Shared Future”, and featured a number of notable events, including the Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers and Tourism Ministers Meetings between ASEAN and Partner Countries. It’s also hard to ignore the ASEAN Tourism Awards. The ASEAN Tourism Awards are conducted annually to recognize localities and units that provide high-quality tourism products and services and contribute to the region’s long-term growth of tourist attractions. This is also a chance for tourism enterprises and local tourist organizations to promote the national tourism brand by successfully marketing their tourism business operations.
Vietnam was delighted to earn honors in four categories as part of the discussion and awarding ceremony, including ASEAN Green Hotel, ASEAN Clean Tourist City, ASEAN Sustainable Tourism, and ASEAN MICE Venue. Specifically:
- ASEAN Green Hotel Award: H’Mong Village Resort (Ha Giang); Vedana Lagoon Resort & Spa hotel (Thua Thien Hue); Minera Hot Spring Binh Chau Resort Hotel (Ba Ria – Vung Tau); Amiana resort hotel (Khanh Hoa); Can Tho Ecolodge (Can Tho).
- ASEAN Clean Tourist City Award: TP. Ha Long (Quang Ninh); City. Da Lat (Lam Dong); City. Vung Tau (Ba Ria – Vung Tau)
- ASEAN Sustainable Tourism Award:
- Category Sustainable rural tourism products: Thai Hai eco-ethnic stilt house village conservation area (Thai Nguyen).
- Category Sustainable urban tourism products: Hue city sightseeing products – 1 destination 5 heritages of Hue Monuments Conservation Center (Thua Thien Hue).
- ASEAN MICE Venue Award:
- Categories of meeting rooms, conferences and seminars: Aristo Hotel Lao Cai (Lao Cai); Flamingo Cat Ba Resort Hotel (Hai Phong); Silk Path Hotel Hue (Thua Thien Hue); Anya Hotel Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh); Pullman Vung Tau Hotel (Ba Ria Vung Tau).
- Categories of exhibition and event venues: Flamingo Dai Lai Resort Hotel (Vinh Phuc); FLC Thanh Hoa resort hotel (Thanh Hoa); Vinpearl Nam Hoi An Resort Hotel (Quang Nam); Dalat Palace Hotel (Lam Dong); Pytopia Convention Center (Phu Yen).
At the ceremony, members from the ASEAN tourist business pressed the button to welcome ASEAN tourism to reopen, in addition to giving awards. This demonstrates the ASEAN nations’ desire to resurrect regional and international tourism activity.